Skip to main content

“Losing A Game Is Not Enough To Sack Sunday Oliseh – Sports Minister, Dalung

Nigeria's Youth and Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung has called Nigerians to support Sunday Oliseh in the trying times the coach is facing at the moment.

He was quizzed by members of the House Committee on Sports during a budget defense on Tuesday and answered questions regarding the feud between the coach and the NFF.

"We must appreciate the way Nigerians behave and their sentiments to sports especially football. Nigerians do not accept anything short of victory. The performance of the team that led to whatever we are hearing, from my own analysis, was due to overconfidence."

" In terms of preparations and planning, you could access them based on their first outing. Of course, they had some welfare challenges which we inherited when we came on board. We took steps to secure approval for funds but the process of the release of funds could not beat the time of the outing. That also contributed to their early exit"

The Barrister also admitted he had spoken to Oliseh to hear his own side in the ongoing feud and also called the NFF president Amaju Pinnick to be sure he hadn't sacked the coach.
Barrister Dalung said that after he met with the NFF President earlier in the day he called for peace and support for the coach.

"The idea of losing matches and sacking coaches is over. We cannot be winning matches all the time. We must build wider spaces in our minds for failure and success because that is the only way we can develop.

The fact that he lost a game is not enough for us to begin to look at history. You don't run a country like that! The man should be allowed and supported to come back and prepare the team for the qualifying matches ahead.

If he had health challenges while working for us, we shouldn't abandon him at this time".
Dalung said.


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMIR OF KASTINA TELLS PRESIDENT BUHARI TO SIGN PEACE CORPS BILL

The Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman, has declared support for the Peace Corps bill passed by the National Assembly. The bill, which seeks to turn the Peace Corps, a non-government organisation, into a government paramilitary agency, has elicited mixed reactions from Nigerians. Proponents see it as an avenue to create jobs for thousands of youth while critics describe as a duplication of functions already being performed by existing agencies and creation of another bureaucracy at a time the country is finding it difficult to pay workers' salaries. The bill was opposed by existing military and security institutions in Nigeria and the Peace Corps leader Dickson Akoh is currently being prosecuted for alleged fraud. Apart from lawmakers, the bill is also supported by some prominent Nigerians including the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, who also asked Mr. Buhari to sign to it. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Katsina emir made a similar call on the president on Thursda...

AKEREDOLU, KEKEMEKE AND OTHERS BID MRS FAGUNWA GOODBYE

CBN Says It Can’t Reverse The Ban On ATM Card Use Abroad

The decision of Deposit Money Banks, DMBs, to place a restriction on the use of ATM cards abroad by bank customers is due to scarcity of foreign exchange, the CBN has said.The CBN said although it sympathizes with Nigerians for the sufferings they are experiencing in carrying out transactions abroad, it can't reverse the decision of DMBs and the CBN is in support of it as it would assist in reducing the pressure on the Naira.The Director, Monetary Policy Department, CBN, Mr. Moses Tule, explained that the restriction might continue until Nigeria could increase its foreign exchange earnings. He said if banks had not taken the decision to restrict the use of the ATM cards abroad, some of them would current be experiencing challenges meeting the overseas demand of their customers.May GOD help Us.. AMEN!!!