Skip to main content

Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics? Before You Commit Suicide (Read This Story)

I just have a feeling this may be useful here for some categories of students. Let me quickly share my story with you….The best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program I was enrolled into was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science avidly disliked everything about the program. It was called SLT then.Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyonewho attended the university and did that coursecan attest to what I am saying. My dad happened to be a staff of the University, so I told him about the poor grades, everything I heard about the program and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students don't want to read, they come up with different flimsyexcuses so I kept mute.After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level (final year) then with a lot of carry over courses…..carry over is not a big deal in thatprogram….people had 15. It was so worse that from 300level, you can be so sure you are already a spill over student. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when I complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how I took my transcript using his influence. I was the first person ever and possibly the last person to get a transcript from the program. I returned to 200level in another school entirely when I ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti state University and as a result, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when I got to the new school, my own younger brother who I happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, I sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to be one of the best students in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to haveattended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though I wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons I learnt?From that day onward, I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, I began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar sohigh such that I had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters with a bit of dedication and I ended finishing top 5 out of the classToday, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what? I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if I had committed suicide then? Would I have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What I am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times…..but they shall rise again.Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back andsmile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about coming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. Mybrothers and sisters, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIGERIA'S BREAKUP IS NOT AN OPTION-DAVID MARK

N igerians must move on together as a breakup is not an option, former Senate President, David Mark, said on Friday. “Those who are agitating for otherwise are missing the point. Nigeria has crossed many crucibles. We cannot reverse ourselves,” Mr. Mark told Kaduna State Acting Governor,  Alhaji Aminu Shagali, in Kaduna. He was at the head of a delegation of the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA) 3rd Regular Course Alumni Association on a courtesy visit to the acting governor. “The only option is to move on in a manner that is progressive, peaceful and united,” he was further quoted as saying by his media aide, Paul Mumeh.   “We may have our disagreements. But a breakup is not an option. We can resolve our differences through meaningful dialogue and genuine conversation." “There is no use heating up the polity,” the ex-Senate president added. He noted that no matter the imperfections, the nation is greater and better as an indivisible country.

EMIR OF KASTINA TELLS PRESIDENT BUHARI TO SIGN PEACE CORPS BILL

The Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman, has declared support for the Peace Corps bill passed by the National Assembly. The bill, which seeks to turn the Peace Corps, a non-government organisation, into a government paramilitary agency, has elicited mixed reactions from Nigerians. Proponents see it as an avenue to create jobs for thousands of youth while critics describe as a duplication of functions already being performed by existing agencies and creation of another bureaucracy at a time the country is finding it difficult to pay workers' salaries. The bill was opposed by existing military and security institutions in Nigeria and the Peace Corps leader Dickson Akoh is currently being prosecuted for alleged fraud. Apart from lawmakers, the bill is also supported by some prominent Nigerians including the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, who also asked Mr. Buhari to sign to it. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Katsina emir made a similar call on the president on Thursda

Asari Dokubo reveals name of President Buhari's ailment.

Former Niger Delta militant leader, Asari Dokubo, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari will never be well again. He said that this is the reason no doctor has been able to diagnose his ailment. Asari said the hands of God is on Buhari just as they were on Pharoah. He also said the name of the disease affecting President Buhari is 'hale and hearty.' According to ex-MEND leader, every government official who goes to London to see President Buhari returns to the media to say that he is hale and hearty. He said they have all failed to disclosed what ailment he is suffering from. He said, "As God first of afflicted Pharaoh with the deafness of the ear and deafness of the heart, God also first of all, afflicted Buhari with deafness of the ear. "He was not sick, later they said he has an ear infection like Pharoah. Allah inflicted him with ear problem. "We are talking of ear problem and we heard of another sickness and the name of that sickness is hale and hearty. H