Skip to main content

Khloe Kardashian Gives Reasons To Be Thankful

The Reality TV star, Khloe Kardashian has give reasons she is extra thankful this "thanksgiving". She took to her website to list the things that give her reasons to be thankful this year. According to her, she is most gratefulabout her family, as they standby each other in tough times. Continue to read…"I am someone who tries to always keep things in perspective. This year I have a deeper insight and possibly a deeper perspective now. I pride myself as someone who does live in the moment and as someone who shows gratitude inevery corner. And I have been blessed this year with me getting another layer of what I am thankful for.On Thanksgiving, my family and I always go around the dinner table and say what we're thankful for as I'm sure most families in America do. This year, I'm overly thankful my family. My family has been through a ton of trials and tribulations mixed with blessings on blessings on blessings. But when times get tough, my family seems to thrive and band together. We find a way to always persevere. Rise above the ashes!! Without my crazy, chaotic, amazing family, I'm not sure how I could have gone through some of the things that I was tested with this year. I'm sure we say we are all thankful for our families. And I think that is the most beautiful thing to be thankful for, but every night I thank the Lord for blessing me with the world's best support system and team of unconditional love.I look forward to this holiday more than any other holiday now because I host Thanksgiving for everyone. I take my hosting duties very seriously. I absolutely adore being the hostess. Last year was my first time hosting Thanksgiving dinner for everyone. And as we all know that's no small feat. My family is pretty large and extended. I cook and bake it all!I love the challenge and putting myself up to that challenge. The one thing I splurge on every Thanksgiving is hiring my incredibly talented friend Jeff Leatham to help me with the flower arrangements. I typically love to do floral arrangements on my own but with the amount of cooking I do, I love that little extra help. He's also so incredibly talented that it's alittle treat for myself to have these flowers in my home for almost 2 weeks afterwards. It makes me SO happy to do these things for my family. It makes me proud! I feel like a real adult being able to handle such a large amountof people in my home and I am able to host them all. I just remember all of these holidays were hosted by my mom at one point. So now that I'm able to relieve her of some of the holidays I feel like such a grown-up, LOL!This year, I'm making my mac & cheese and green beans with smoked turkey legs. I love making my green bean/turkey leg dish, but it's intense: I smoke and boil them until the meat falls off the bone and it comes to a stew with green beans, bell peppers and onions. My friends always ask me to make it for them evenif it's not Thanksgiving—they think it's so easy and don't realize it takes 6 hours to make, LOL!Having intimate family time is so, so great and I'm thankful that I get to experience it with allof the incredible people in my life. After our family Thanksgiving dinner is over, I invite friends to join, especially friends who don't have family around. So we have a family Thanksgiving, a friends Thanksgiving, and this year I will also be having a hospital Thanksgiving.Thanksgiving is a time to gather around loved ones. Whether they are blood or bond…to be grateful for all that we have been so abundantly blessed with and also to spare a few thoughts and prayers for those not so lucky. No matter where you are in life you can always find something to be thankful for. My wish is that this mentality goes beyond Thanksgiving. Try practicing being thankful daily and I believe that optimism and gratitude will manifest greatness!" She said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIGERIA'S BREAKUP IS NOT AN OPTION-DAVID MARK

N igerians must move on together as a breakup is not an option, former Senate President, David Mark, said on Friday. “Those who are agitating for otherwise are missing the point. Nigeria has crossed many crucibles. We cannot reverse ourselves,” Mr. Mark told Kaduna State Acting Governor,  Alhaji Aminu Shagali, in Kaduna. He was at the head of a delegation of the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA) 3rd Regular Course Alumni Association on a courtesy visit to the acting governor. “The only option is to move on in a manner that is progressive, peaceful and united,” he was further quoted as saying by his media aide, Paul Mumeh.   “We may have our disagreements. But a breakup is not an option. We can resolve our differences through meaningful dialogue and genuine conversation." “There is no use heating up the polity,” the ex-Senate president added. He noted that no matter the imperfections, the nation is greater and better as an indivisible country.

Asari Dokubo reveals name of President Buhari's ailment.

Former Niger Delta militant leader, Asari Dokubo, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari will never be well again. He said that this is the reason no doctor has been able to diagnose his ailment. Asari said the hands of God is on Buhari just as they were on Pharoah. He also said the name of the disease affecting President Buhari is 'hale and hearty.' According to ex-MEND leader, every government official who goes to London to see President Buhari returns to the media to say that he is hale and hearty. He said they have all failed to disclosed what ailment he is suffering from. He said, "As God first of afflicted Pharaoh with the deafness of the ear and deafness of the heart, God also first of all, afflicted Buhari with deafness of the ear. "He was not sick, later they said he has an ear infection like Pharoah. Allah inflicted him with ear problem. "We are talking of ear problem and we heard of another sickness and the name of that sickness is hale and hearty. H

EMIR OF KASTINA TELLS PRESIDENT BUHARI TO SIGN PEACE CORPS BILL

The Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman, has declared support for the Peace Corps bill passed by the National Assembly. The bill, which seeks to turn the Peace Corps, a non-government organisation, into a government paramilitary agency, has elicited mixed reactions from Nigerians. Proponents see it as an avenue to create jobs for thousands of youth while critics describe as a duplication of functions already being performed by existing agencies and creation of another bureaucracy at a time the country is finding it difficult to pay workers' salaries. The bill was opposed by existing military and security institutions in Nigeria and the Peace Corps leader Dickson Akoh is currently being prosecuted for alleged fraud. Apart from lawmakers, the bill is also supported by some prominent Nigerians including the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, who also asked Mr. Buhari to sign to it. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Katsina emir made a similar call on the president on Thursda